MAP AND DIRECTIONS
Strange Matter is located at 929 W. Grace Street, Richmond, Virginia, near Virginia Commonwealth University's Monroe Park Campus.
View Larger Map
hours of operation
Monday - Friday 4PM to 2AM, Saturday & Sunday 11AM to 2AM.
Please read the following before submitting a booking request, as our "booking staff" is actually just one guy and the volume of requests we receive already requires a superhuman effort on his part.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR DETAILS TOGETHER
It's impossible to say whether we're interested in hosting your event if you can't even tell us what your event is. Please have a date (or a range of dates) in mind, some idea of who will be performing or what will transpire. Be aware that the calendar starts filling up around 90-120 days in advance--weekends especially.
Everyone wants to have their event on a Friday or Saturday. There are just over a hundred such days in any calendar year, and we receive roughly 100 requests for every single one of them. If you are a local promoter who is not already familiar to us, we will be far more likely to host your event on a weeknight. If you are a capable promoter, you should have no problem pulling a big crowd any night of the week.
TOURING BANDS LOOKING TO FILL A DATE
As much as we'd like to be able to accomodate every band who submits a request, this isn't always a possibility. We are members of touring bands ourselves, and we've been there. The best way for an unestablished touring band to get on a show here is by meeting a local band we've worked with before and getting them to contact us. Our resources page is a great place to start. If you are unable to find anyone willing to help you, you can send us your request and we will do our best to find someone willing to take the show on. However, it's entirely possible that we won't have much more success than you did.
LOCAL BANDS LOOKING FOR GIGS
We are always looking for local support to round out shows. However, we are unlikely to organize a show for you because you can easily do this yourselves. Every band that anyone has ever cared about in the history of humanity has started out playing their friends' basements and living rooms with their friends' bands. We suggest you do the same. If you've got a good thing going on, people (including us) will notice.
If you have read and understand the above, e-mail us at email@example.com
ALL INQUIRIES are handled through this e-mail address.
- Your subject line should include the date(s) you are interested in and some sort of description of the event (ie. “July 27th or 28th – This Band and That Band”). Please don't make the subject “show” or “booking” or something equally vague. I don't know why people do this.
- Include links to websites, music, etc. We will ask for them if you don't.
- Let us know if the dates are flexible or if this is part of a tour.
- Feel free to include whatever other relevant information you like. Lengthy bios, photos, EPKs and the like are not necessary and probably won't even be looked at. If you have played Richmond in the past, that's definitely a plus. Make sure to let us know if you have, when, where and with whom.
- AFTER CONTACTING US, please allow some time for a reply. DO NOT call the venue, poke us on Facebook, etc. This will not help you, and may make us actively fuck with you. If an extraordinary amount of time has passed since you heard from us, send a follow up.
- DO NOT assume you have a date on hold unless you hear so from us.